Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #34 - 1/10/18

The weather has been all over the place for the last week and it's not done yet...

22 . 13 . 1 . -1 . 12 . 35 . 30F

Yes, that was a negative 1F or -18.3C on Saturday!!!

Z's expression is one of surprise since I tricked him into being in my picture.

Today we are expecting 42F while tomorrow is 50F and Friday is 55F. Don't be too quick to say how wonderful that sounds because there is a lot of snow to melt so we also have flood warnings. Friday night will have a "sudden freeze" and a "snomagedden" resulting in a high of 13F for Saturday and 18-20 inches of snow. I have yet to decide if I'm really going to Guild Sit-n-Sew on Saturday since it's a good 30 minute drive in good weather.

In my spare time I have been working on these kaleidoscope blocks:


Each year in my Hexie Club we exchange basted hexies for our birthdays. This year each birthday girl is gifted 8 large and 4 small basted triangles from the other members, to which we add our own background fabric. That means 2 blocks from each member.

I'm storing the finished 4" blocks in my new M&M tin. Did you know M&Ms were first produced in 1941 as military rations during WWII? It think it's the perfect tin given the "candy" colors of these blocks.




3 comments:

Vireya said...

Brrrrr! Shivering just thinking about negative F temperatures.

Pamela said...

What crazy weather! Nice blocks though.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It was a weird week. Enjoy the next few days because we will be right back to it.