Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

The Bibliophile Files - 1/9/18

I was so proud of myself in the last couple days that I would actually have something to report for the first Bibliophile Files of the year. Except I just realized that TBF should have been posted last week. Oopsies. Hopefully all y'all will forgive me since it's January and one of my busiest work months. And lets not forget that it's time to renew my EMT certification which means classes for the next 5 months. Looking on the bright side, I'll be able to "read" more books as I drive back and forth and back and forth and back and forth to class.

On to this month's report...Despite having finished 98 books last year, I left this year's goal as 90. In past years, when I beat an annual goal I raised the goal the next year. I just don't know that I can beat this goal again. 90 is a lot of books! I'm currently on track with 2 books finished. At least one thing is going right so far this year...

FINISHED
     Breaking Silence - I generally like this series because it includes police procedural but also because I learn about the Amish culture. Not too much culture is this particular book...
     One of Us is Lying - this book is a riff on The Breakfast Club, bringing together students from different clicks. Clearly there is a murder (cuz that's what I read!) but the killer is not who you think it is.

IN PROGRESS
     on my home stereo - Origin - it's a Dan Brown book. Need I say more?
     on my iPhone - The Good Nurse - The true story of the "angel of death"
     on my iPhone - The Cuban Affair - this audiobook is on hold because I wasn't able to finish before it needed to be "returned" to the library. I'm on the wait list to check it out again...

And now it's your turn! What have you read recently? Anything counts - novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box.



1 comment:

Vireya said...

My reading has really suffered over the last couple of years. This year I am hoping to get back to my regular 50 or so books a year.

I have never experienced an audio book. It doesn't sound like "reading" but maybe I need to give it a try so I can know for sure how it feels. Maybe I could get a lot more reading done that way!